Where the camera falters, unfortunately, is with AF performance in live view. Canon's new 'hybrid' AF system, while a step forward compared to previous contrast detect attempts, is a long way from what we've seen in other mirrorless models, and from our experience of Sony's SLTs. And while we applaud Canon for attempting continuous AF in movie mode, it too is prone to more focus errors than we'd have liked to see. Read the full review here.
Rebel T4i Features
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800; expandable to 25600 (H)
- High speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fp
- Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects
- New 3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch Screen Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots)