Here’s a review of the new Canon T1i digital camera. An update to the popular XSi, this new model has ‘almost’ the same image sensor as the 50D. Click the image for a quote from Amazon.
“We tested a final production Canon EOS 500D / Rebel T1i running firmware version 1.0.9. Following our convention of testing cameras using their factory default settings unless otherwise stated, the EOS 500D / T1i was set to Large Fine JPEG quality, Auto White Balance, Evaluative metering and the Standard Picture Style; High ISO Noise Reduction and the Auto Lighting Optimiser were set to their default Standard settings, except in our High ISO noise tests page where the latter was disabled as it can introduce noise. Highlight Tone Priority was disabled apart from during our specific tests of the feature. Image Stabilisation was enabled for all handheld shots and disabled for tripod-based tests.”
Read the full review here.
- New 15.1-megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Includes Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens
- Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution; HDMI output
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD; Live View Function for stills (Quick, Live and Face Detection AF modes) and video
- Capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)