From the get go I had problems. It didn't fit in the hand as well as my Nikon. That I could overlook because it is after all a much smaller body. But then I started experiencing many of the focus issues that I now see popping up over in that forum. It wasn't consistent in focusing at all. Sometimes nothing in the frame was in focus, even though it attained focus-lock. Then I noticed that high-contrast shot were blowing out the highlights - badly! I was beginning to realize I preferred the more compressed (histogram-wise) exposure I got from Nikon.
Well, today I am a much happier camper. I just returned the XSi and bought a Nikon D60 DSLR, with the kit lens. Perfect exposures, razor sharp shots, and this camera fits in my hand.
Thank you Nikon. Thank you.
Nikon D60 10.2MP Digital
- Extraordinary 10.2-megapixel DX-format Nikon picture quality
- Includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G Vibration Reduction lens
- 2.5-inch LCD screen; horizontal and vertical orientation are detected automatically
- Continuous shooting at 3 fps; Active Dust Reduction System with Airflow Control
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)