Oct 6, 2004

G4techTV reviews the Nikon D70 Digital SLR

G4techTV - Feature - Product Review: Nikon D70 Digital SLR: "Product Review: Nikon D70 Digital SLR
written by James Kim on Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Whoever said look before you leap could have been a frustrated early adopter. A few weeks, even days, can completely alter the value of a product you've just bought given today's accelerated (and spectacular) pace of new product launches.
Everybody's got a sad story. My $4,000 pre-Pentium laptop in 1995, a $200 32-megabyte MP3 player in 1999, and more recently, a $280 WiFi digital audio client come to mind as I conjure up my own erstwhile experiences of poor timing. More often than not, something faster, smaller, cheaper -- and better -- lurks just around the corner.
Nevertheless, my patience wanes, gray hairs loom, and I am ready to buy my first decent digital camera. Lucky for me, it's absolutely the camera of my dreams. After two weeks of shooting rolls worth of cityscapes, mannequins, and my infant daughter with the Nikon D70 Digital SLR (short for Single Lens Reflex) camera, I'm convinced that I've waited long enough and will buy no better. Are you ready to leap?"